RFR - 6480539: BigDecimal.stripTrailingZeros() should specify no-op on zero BigDecimals

Stephen Colebourne scolebourne at joda.org
Thu Feb 7 10:06:22 UTC 2013

On 7 February 2013 07:32, Bruce Chapman <brucechapman at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> Stephen, In your case(s) would the workaround fail to work if the bug was
> fixed?

No. The workaround would handle the fixed implementation just fine.
And all workarounds would ultimately be similar to mine.
https://github.com/OpenGamma/OG-Platform/blob/master/projects/OG-Util/src/main/java/com/opengamma/util/JdkUtils.java#L26

> I guess if you take the "This is one of those unfortunate cases where a bug
> can become a feature." approach to its logical conclusion then no bugs get
> fixed because there are no bugs, just a nice online list of newly discovered
> unexpected features.

Thats the underlying part of the issue here that concerns me.

Stephen