RFR (S) : JDK-8007736 - VerifyError for use of static method in interface

Mandy Chung mandy.chung at oracle.com
Wed Feb 13 17:29:34 UTC 2013

Bharadwaj,

I'm including core-libs-dev so that they know this fix is coming.

> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~bharadwaj/8007736/jdk8-tl-jdk/webrev/

The jdk change looks  okay to me.  Minor nit:  L1250-1251: some
identation will help.  You can follow the original formatting - breaking
'?' and ':" in the newlines.

Can you include the new regression test in the jdk repo as well
(test/vm/verifier directory)?  That'll make sure this test is run by
core-libs and JPRT job (it's part of the default testset).

Thanks
Mandy