RFR (M) : JDK-8004561 : Addition Functional Interfaces for Lambda Libraries

Chris Hegarty chris.hegarty at oracle.com
Tue Feb 19 14:39:29 UTC 2013

On 02/19/2013 05:29 AM, David Holmes wrote:
> Aside: it would be much easier to maintain consistent style if we used a
> "template" to define the main outline of each family of interfaces and
> generated the specializations from that (similar to how we generate the
> various bytebuffer classes).

Oh, please god no! I find the way the buffer classes are generated a
real pain. Yes, it is good for maintaining consistency across similar
versions, but I don't see that as a good justification to introduce this
complexity. I was secretly hoping that nio Buffer generation would go
away in jdk8.

-Chris.