@Supported design issues

Jeroen Frijters jeroen at sumatra.nl
Sat Feb 23 07:45:42 UTC 2013

I agree, but at the same time CLASS retention is really the worst of both worlds in my opinion. It doesn't have any (convenient) runtime benefit, but you can be sure that someone will depend on it at runtime by parsing the class files (this happens surprisingly often).

I'd really like to see this be SOURCE initially and only after it is well understood, move it to RUNTIME in some future version of the platform (and then make it a public API instead of a jdk specific thing).

Regards,
Jeroen