Invalid "self-closing element not allowed" JavaDoc error

Jonathan Gibbons jonathan.gibbons at oracle.com
Fri Jul 26 01:20:48 UTC 2013

On 07/25/2013 05:21 PM, Nick Williams wrote:
> So why is "self-closing element not allowed" considered an error when it's only a warning when validated with a W3 validator? Seems to me like a reasonable compromise to make this a warning instead of an error. Thoughts?

Right now, the guideline is more along the lines of using warnings for
items that do not cause any issue for a validator, but which are still
questionable (such as missing javadoc comments, unnecessarily nested
tags, empty tags, etc) and errors for any issues flagged by a validator.

Remember, you always have the option of disabling doclint.

-- Jon