Upgrade to JAXP 1.5 Breaks Existing Apps

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Mon Jun 3 10:29:19 UTC 2013

On 02/06/2013 22:05, Ali Ebrahimi wrote:
> I update to jdk8b92 and almost all apps deals with xml parsing breaks.
> in other word, current default value for XMLConstants.ACCESS_EXTERNAL_DTD
> property is empty string. This should be at least change to "file".
Yes, the defaults are problematic and are due to be re-examined (but
thanks anyway, it's just more evidence that the right thing is to opt-in
to have more secure processing rather than requiring the rest of the
world to opt-out).

I don't know if you are on jdk8-dev but Joe Wang posted a note about
this recently:

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk8-dev/2013-May/002554.html

-Alan.