review request: 8035782 : sun/launcher/LauncherHelper$FXHelper loaded unnecessarily

Kumar Srinivasan kumar.x.srinivasan at oracle.com
Tue Apr 29 14:17:53 UTC 2014

Neil,

The changes looks satisfactory, except for a few style nits:
1. JAVAFX_FXHELPER_CLASS_NAME_SUF -> JAVAFX_FXHELPER_CLASS_NAME_SUFFIX
// 3 more characters won't make much of a difference

2. FXHelper.setFXLaunchParameters(what,mode);
// missing space after comma.

A  Launcher regression test is required, which ensure that the launcher
does not load
FXLauncher inadvertently in the future. ie. a regression test.

You can do this by adding another condition in the method
testExtraneousJars at:
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/jdk9/jdk/file/3e8e199e23b2/test/tools/launcher/FXLauncherTest.java#l360
just like jfxrt.jar is being tested now.

Kumar