RFR: Checking for JNI Exceptions in jni_util.c

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Tue Feb 4 20:36:49 UTC 2014

On 04/02/2014 18:11, roger riggs wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> Thanks for the review and suggestions; the webrev has been updated
> with the recommendations.
>
> Webrev:
>   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rriggs/webrev-check_exception-8030993/
The updated webrev looks okay. I note in the JNU_ClassXXX functions that
the return from NewGlobalRef is not checked but I believe it's safe to
call DeleteLocalRef even if there is a pending exception.

One minor comment is that in initializeEncoding it now assumes that the
reference returned by JNU_ClassString is a global ref (because it
obtains the reference before expanding the space for local refs). An
alternative (which might be clearer for future readers) is to do the
EnsureLocalCapacity first.

-Alan