RFR(XS): 8033909: Objects.requireNonNull(T, Supplier) doesn't specify what happens if the passed supplier is null itself

Mike Duigou mike.duigou at oracle.com
Mon Feb 10 23:24:45 UTC 2014

I would prefer to leave the implementation as is and amend the documentation. The difference in behaviour between the overloads seems OK since it will still be valid for the Supplier to return null. The String overload reasonably allows null since the Throwable(String) constructor allows null message. (See Throwable.getMessage()).

It seems like ignoring/masking the likely error of passing a null Supplier isn't really being helpful.

YMMV,

Mike