RFR(S): 8034087: XML parser may overwrite element content if that content falls onto the border of an entity scanner buffer

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Tue Feb 11 16:44:13 UTC 2014

On 11/02/2014 14:57, Volker Simonis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after opening this bug yesterday for an issue found by my colleague
> Steffen Schreiber we realized that this is actually a duplicate of
> "8027359: XML parser returns incorrect parsing results"
> (https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8027359).
>
> While there's no need now to submit a patch anymore,  we'd
> nevertheless like to contribute at least our test case for this issue:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~simonis/webrevs/8034087/
>
> The webrev is against jdk9-client but we'd like to also downport this
> test to jdk7 and jdk8 to track that the fix for 8027359 will be
> correctly downported to these releases as well.
>
> I will sponsor this change if somebody would be so kind to review it.

I'll leave it to Joe Wang to comment on the test but just to mention
that jdk9/dev is probably a better forest to aim for because that is
where the XML (and its tests) usually go.  Also I wonder if it might be
better to put it in the same directory as the test that Joe pushed with
the change?

If you are getting approval to push to jdk8u-dev and jdk7u-dev then it
might be better to request a backport of Joe's change at the same time.

-Alan.