RFR (JAXP): 8033980 : Xerces Update: datatype XMLGregorianCalendarImpl and DurationImpl

Daniel Fuchs daniel.fuchs at oracle.com
Tue Feb 11 17:05:25 UTC 2014

On 2/11/14 5:55 PM, Lance @ Oracle wrote:
> Hi joe
>
> It looks like you changed the serialversionuid in Durationimpl, did it get changed incorrectly previously?

I noticed that as well, but I'm not sure it matters since Duration
uses writeReplace to serialize itself as an instance of
SerializedDuration. Is that correct Joe?

If I'm not mistaken it also means that the serialization forms
(before & after the change) are  not compatible - but is that an
issue for such internal classes?

best regards,

-- daniel