RFR (JAXP): 8033980 : Xerces Update: datatype XMLGregorianCalendarImpl and DurationImpl

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Thu Feb 13 14:23:55 UTC 2014

On 13/02/2014 08:18, huizhe wang wrote:
> Hi Alan, Lance, and Daniel,
>
> The Xerces serialization revision meant to create a serialization form
> that would help maintain future serialization compatibility. But in
> reality it itself is causing significant incompatibility as Alan
> pointed out below and we discussed previously. I've removed the
> revision from the patch as a result.
>
> Please see the new webrev here:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk9/8033980/webrev/
Thanks for dropping the serialization change as it was just not going to
work the way you had intended.

I agree with Daniel's comment about all the new fields added to
XMLGregorianCalendarImpl as it's not clear why they aren't transient.

I have not studied the rest of the changes but I think Daniel and Lance are.

-Alan