[9] RFR (M): 8027827: Improve performance of catchException combinator

Marcus Lagergren marcus.lagergren at oracle.com
Thu Feb 20 15:31:30 UTC 2014

This looks good, and we have done a significant number of test runs to verify its integrity.

I say ship it. +1

We know that there are some issues with sun.misc.ValueConversion.castReference and similar internal methods not being inlined, but as far as I can understand this is a separate issue that will be addressed. By rewriting a guard for Nashorn to not use castReference in the fast case, I get record indy performance with your catch combinator.

/M (jdk9 reviewer)