[9] Review request: JDK-8035640 JNU_CHECK_EXCEPTION should support c++ JNI syntax

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Mon Feb 24 12:10:03 UTC 2014

On 24/02/2014 09:02, Petr Pchelko wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please review the fix for the issue:
> The fix is available at:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pchelko/9/8035640/webrev.00/
>
> In AWT code we have quite a lot of C++ sources, but JNU_CHECK_EXCEPTION macros could not be used there, because the JNI syntax is different in C++.
> If approved I'll integrate this fix into the client forest, because we need this in client to fix parfait issues.
>
> Thank you,
> With best regards. Petr.
This looks okay to me. One suggestion is to use #endif /* __cplusplus */
so that it's consistent with the other usages (also makes it a bit
easier when there are nested ifdefs).

As regards logistics then jdk9/dev might be the more suitable forest to
push this to. I suggest this because it looks to me that jdk9/client is
pulling down changes from jdk9/dev very regularly (which is good). On
the other hand there doesn't appear to be regular integrations from
jdk9/client to jdk9/dev yet. I see changes in jdk9/client from
mid-December that has still not been pushed to jdk9/dev. It's just a
suggestion to ensure that the changes get to both forests in timely manner.

-Alan.