RFR 9: 8035889: jdk testlibrary - add printing of values of failed assertions

Roger Riggs Roger.Riggs at Oracle.com
Thu Feb 27 03:09:44 UTC 2014

Hi Mandy,

Yes, it might be more productive to switch the tests to TestNG.
But it did provide support in cases where TestNG could not be used,
for example in a directory of existing tests that had custom reporting.

But I remember there is a problem with TestNG having a dependency for XML
which is not supported in Profile1 and a number of tests had to be disabled
in that configuration.  Will XML always be available.  Do we need to solve
or work around that problem with TestNG?

Thanks, Roger