Review request for JDK-8051559: JAXP function dom tests conversion

huizhe wang huizhe.wang at oracle.com
Fri Apr 3 02:02:27 UTC 2015

DocumentTest->testCreateElementNeg, the conversion seems to be
incorrect. The original test, as the Javadoc stated, "This checks for
the constuctor of DOMException ". The new test however, only verifies
that an Exception is thrown.

Comments for tests such as testCreateAttributeNSNeg can be more
descriptive, for example, "Test for createAttributeNS method: verifies
that DOMException is thrown if reserved prefixes are used with an
arbitrary namespace name."

The original tests that made up DocumentTypeTest had comments that you
may want to copy over or rewrite as you did other tests.

The comment for EntityChildTest can be "Test DOM Parser: parsing an xml
file that contains external entities."

NodeListTest: @summary Verifies a bug found in jaxp1.0.1 and 1.1FCS.
After going out of bound, the last element of a NodeList returns null.
The bug has been fixed in jaxp 1.1.1 build.

Thanks,
Joe