RFR: 8073093: AARCH64: C2 generates poor code for ByteBuffer accesses

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Sat Feb 14 08:07:06 UTC 2015

On 02/13/2015 10:52 PM, Dean Long wrote:

> My understanding is that whether or not aarch64 allows unaligned
> accesses is based on a system setting, so this change is too
> simplistic.

Disabling unaligned access would be a really perverse thing to do, and
I suspect that GCC and glibc already assume that unaligned accesses
work so it would require a recompilation of libjvm (and probably the
whole OS) to make it work.  However, if you really think there's a
point to making this a runtime flag I won't resist.

Andrew.