RFR: JDK-8051563: Convert JAXP function tests in xslt components: : org.apache.qetest.dtm package, org.apache.qetest.trax package to openjdk

huizhe wang huizhe.wang at oracle.com
Tue Jan 6 21:22:05 UTC 2015

Thanks for taking the initiative and effort to refactor and clean up all
of the Functional tests in previous changeset!

We've gone through several iterations for the new ones (xslt tests). I
totally agree with Lance, it looks very good overall, a lot better than
its original form.

It's nice to group all of the tests that required file access, that
prepares all other tests to run with minimal permission for a (future)
secure-test-target. Unit tests might need a similar treatment, but no
pressure to do now :-)

A minor comment on utility classes: there's JAXPTestUtilities and
TestUtils. The former is an util for all tests while the later contained
a couple of SAX handlers, it may make sense to move them into their own
classes just as the other Handlers. The constants (XML_DIR and
GOLDEN_DIR) then can be declared in a base class for the SAX tests.

I understand each group of tests have their own XML source and golden
files, thus XML_DIR and GOLDEN_DIR. It may be possible to add a base for
each group while put test.src and test.classes into the very base class
for all tests. So in general, we would have:
               TestBase    FileTestBase
               Base for each group (e.g. SAXTestBase, DOMTestBase,
XSLTTestBase...) that extends either TestBase or FileTestBase

I remember there were a few tests that required a http server. So then
we may need a HttpTestBase as well.

I know this is not what we've discussed (or planned) previously. But
since you've done a great job to incorporate what were previously quite
separate test suites into one whole test suite. I can't resist to ask a
bit more. Don't get me wrong, what you've done exceeded my expectation
in a big way (only a month ago, we were still talking about
quick/straight conversion so that you can start to take care of the new
features)!

SAXParserTest: I noticed Old: testParse11, testParse27 --> New:
testParse05.  So is testParse03 a new test? I can see SAXException is
expected, but not IOE. In fact, this shows that the JAXP spec missed
defining how empty string shall be handled (should have been an IAE).

Best,
Joe