HashMap collision speed (regression 7->8)

Vitaly Davidovich vitalyd at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 23:38:53 UTC 2015

Hmmm, 15 entries doesn't seem like a large enough number to drop linear
search.  I'd have expected something like 60-80 entries (in some binary vs
linear search benchmarks I've come across, that seems to be crossover
point).  It's hard to beat linear search for small sets when the comparison
function is dirt cheap.

Sent from my phone