Charset.lookupViaProviders uses new ServiceLoader instance on each miss.

Xueming Shen xueming.shen at oracle.com
Mon Jan 12 23:31:24 UTC 2015

We do have map based cache in standard and extended charset provider
implementation already. The standard version is prehashedmap based, it
probably should be fast enough. The extended version is a treemap based,
which probably is slow.

I'm a little surprised that the 2-elements cache in Charset actually makes
big difference for the prehashedmap based cache in standard charsets
provider.

Yes, we don't cache the non-builtin provider.  It might trigger performance
hit if certain number of charsets from that provider is frequently looked up.

-Sherman