RFR 8067748: (process) Child is terminated when parent's console is closed [win]

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Thu Jan 22 18:12:13 UTC 2015

On 22/01/2015 14:37, Ivan Gerasimov wrote:
> :
> It's hard to create a test, which involves closing the console window
> and manipulating the detached child application.
>
> Would you please help review the fix?
>
> BUGURL: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8067748
> WEBREV: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~igerasim/8067748/0/webrev/
Yet again, the Process code bites back :-)

I think this looks okay and we should probably have looked at redirect
and inheritance more when discussing the console window pop-up issue. I
don't personally like references to bug numbers in comments, others will
have different opinions. You have a good case for noreg-hard as it's not
clear that it would be easy to create an automated test for this.

-Alan