Review request 8057645: Deprivilege JAX-WS, JAXB, JAF to extension class loader

Miroslav Kos miroslav.kos at oracle.com
Wed Jan 28 17:11:05 UTC 2015

On 26/01/15 20:23, Mandy Chung wrote:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/jdk9/webrevs/8057645/webrev.00/
>
> This patch proposes to move java.xml.ws, java.xml.bind,
> java.activation out of the boot loader and be loaded by the extension
> class loader.  We grant java.xml.ws and java.xml.bind the minimum set
> of permissions.  java.activation hasAllPermission for now and that can
> be revised in the future when JAF team identifies the permission set
> required java.activation.
>
> Miroslav - can you confirm if the JAX-WS and JAXB standalone tests
> pass with this patch?
Hi Mandy,

I just ran standalone JAX-WS tests and without SM results are ok, with
SM enabled I will need some more time - our WS-harness (test framework)
requires some permissions too so I'll need to investigate which ones are
those. Up to now, we used single policy file which was union of
permissions requred by WS-harness + JAX-WS runtime.

I'll ping you when have more results.
For JAX-B, we are currently unable to run standalone tests against JDK.

Thanks
Miran