RFR: 8143926: ObjectStreamField constructor eagerly load ObjectStreamClass

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Sun Nov 29 16:18:08 UTC 2015

On 29/11/2015 14:30, Claes Redestad wrote:

> On 2015-11-25 16:23, Aleksey Shipilev wrote:
>> On 11/25/2015 06:14 PM, Claes Redestad wrote:
>>> Inlining the isPrimitive check should be enough to avoid extra
>>> comparisons:
>>>
>>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~redestad/8143926/webrev.02
>> Yes. Looks good!
>>
>> -Aleksey
>>

> Thanks, Aleksey!
>
> Any java.io reviewers around?
I'm not sure that it's a good idea to have the serialization code making
direct use of utility methods in sun.invoke.util, I wonder if
BytecodeDescriptor should be moved. Also, do you have a summary as to
how the ObjectStream* classes are being loaded, I'm just wondering if
there is an issue somewhere with these being eagerly loaded.

-Alan.