[9] Review request JDK-8131334: SAAJ Plugability Layer: using java.util.ServiceLoader

Miroslav Kos miroslav.kos at oracle.com
Thu Oct 1 15:10:34 UTC 2015

Hi,

there is a new version of specdiff:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mkos/8131334/specdiff.06/index.html

To remind, there were two problems to be addressed, both related to
SAAJMetaFactory:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mkos/8131334/specdiff.06/javax/xml/soap/SAAJMetaFactory.html

1) hidden feature of lookup mechanism for SAAJMetaFactory:
I added two new paragraphs into javadoc
- one references the service loader facility
- the second one mentions additional steps and references the algorithm
in javax.xml.soap package desc

2) SAAJMetaFactory supports only 2 of 3 SAAJ Factories
- this is current state, we are not changing that - I am afraid adding a
new abstract method into existing Factory class is too incompatible
change for MR
- just changed javadoc:
AlloftheThe|newInstance|methods defined on factories|SOAPFactory|
<http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Emkos/8131334/specdiff.06/javax/xml/soap/SOAPFactory.html>and|MessageFactory|
<http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Emkos/8131334/specdiff.06/javax/xml/soap/MessageFactory.html>

Thanks
Miran