[9] RFR(XS): 8137173: @HotSpotIntrinsicCandidate is not Oracle-specific

mark.reinhold at oracle.com mark.reinhold at oracle.com
Thu Oct 1 15:54:41 UTC 2015

2015/10/1 8:41 -0700, alan.bateman at oracle.com:
> On 01/10/2015 16:31, Zoltán Majó wrote:
>> please review the patch for JDK-8137173.

>> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~zmajo/8137173/webrev.00/
>>
> This looks okay. Is it time to discuss moving the annotation to
> another package too?

Yes.  We don't want to create another sun.misc-like dumping ground
with jdk.internal.  We should prefer small, descriptive subpackages
for things like this so that, when they are (inevitably) exposed via
-XaddExports, their exposure can be limited.

I suggest putting this into jdk.internal.vm.annotation, which is
also a good place for the ReservedStackAccess annotation envisioned
in JEP 270 (http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/270).

- Mark