RFR - 8132734: java.util.jar.* changes to support multi-release jar files

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Thu Oct 1 19:25:41 UTC 2015

On 01/10/2015 18:07, Steve Drach wrote:

> Yes, the JEP issue has several subtasks.  This one, 8132734, is just
> for java.util.jar.JarFile.  There will be a separate webrev for jar
> tool and another one for enhancements to ZipFileSystem.  And then
> there are several more pieces to the puzzle such as javac, etc.

Okay. On the the ZipFileSystem then it would be good to get a summary on
what you are proposing. I don't recall seeing that in the JEP and
arguably it shouldn't need any changes as META-INF/versions is just a
directory in the file system for anyone using the file system API.

In any case, I looked through the current webrev and it looks mostly
okay. One thing that wasn't very clear is whether JarEntry needs to
override other methods so that they can be forwarded to the versioned
entry. It would be good to add @since to Attributes#MULTI_RELEASE before
this goes in.

-Alan.