RFR (jaxp) 8136778: SAXParser: support stopping a parsing process

Daniel Fuchs daniel.fuchs at oracle.com
Fri Oct 2 12:44:38 UTC 2015

Hi Joe,

The spec for stop says:

  561      * This method can be called anywhere from any event method of
a SAX
  562      * handler. Once called, it does not terminate the parsing process
  563      * immediately. Instead, it will continue finishing and
returning the
  564      * current event, and marking the state before it stops
parsing. The
  565      * parsing state is maintained after the process is stopped.

I wonder whether the step should be extended with some more
testcases, calling stop() from various event methods, and not
just endElement() - to validate that stop() resume() will
work as expected.

Also what will happen if resume() is called before the parser
has finished flushing the current event?
Will that work? Or should there be some guards against that?

best regards,

-- daniel