[9] Review request JDK-8131334: SAAJ Plugability Layer: using java.util.ServiceLoader

Miroslav Kos miroslav.kos at oracle.com
Fri Oct 2 15:52:32 UTC 2015

There is an updated version:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mkos/8131334/specdiff.07/index.html
Two changes:
1) SAAJMetaFactory javadoc - new (self contained) paragraph describing
the algorithm for the factory + apiNote
2) package javadoc: added back SAAJMetaFactory + "all these factories
define newInstance method ..." changed to "first three ..." + sentence
about instantiating SAAJMetaFactory

On 02/10/15 16:21, Georgiy Rakov wrote:
> According to the spec ofSAAJMetaFactory.newInstance method there is
> the last step of lookup procedure:
> * <LI>Default to
> com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.soap.SAAJMetaFactoryImpl.
I mentioned the default impl. I believe it's specific enough - in jdk8
version there is nothing regarding this ...
> If this step is still performed, I believe this should be mentioned
> like it's made in the last step of the lookup procedure described in
> javax.xml.soap: "...or platform default implementation is used...".
> BTW it would be good to mention what newMessageFactory and
> newSOAPFactory of this default implementation return (I guess the
> default implementations of corresponding factories).
I don't think it's necessary.

> Another point is that in the first review you sent there was a
> non-normative note you removed, maybe it's worth being restored(?)
restored.

> Just a stylistic note - wouldn't be easier just to create a list of
> SAAJMetaFactory lookup steps like it's done in |javax.xml.soap?|
done.

> Another point - is it worth mentioning how custom SAAJMetaFactory is
> instantiated by SAAJ API? I mean is it instantiated only once and then
> the reference is stored, or is it instantiated each time user requests
> |SOAPFactory| or |MessageFactory| creation and SAAJMetaFactory
> instance is needed?
I added a sentence about this to section "Discovery of SAAJ implementation":
Whenever|SAAJMetaFactory|
<http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Emkos/8131334/specdiff.07/javax/xml/soap/SAAJMetaFactory.html>isused,itslookupproceduretogetactualinstanceisperformed.

Thanks
Miran