Spin Loop Hint support: Draft JEP proposal

Jean Philippe Bempel jeanphilippe.bempel at ullink.com
Tue Oct 6 13:31:43 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 10:16 AM, Andrew Haley <aph at redhat.com> wrote:

> Sure.  I would have thought, though, that java.util.concurrent was a
> natural home for this.  Is there any kind of userland spinlock which
> is not about concurrency?
>
> Andrew.

Spinning is not always for a spinlock. Most of the time is a lightweight &
userland only wait/notify implementation.
Or park/unpark equivalent which tends to fit into LockSupport like Paul
Sandoz suggests.

*Jean-Philippe Bempel* *|* Software Architect* |* *ULLINK |* T: +33 1 49 95
10 29
<jpbempel at ullink.com> |

--
*The information contained in or attached to this email is strictly
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us