RFR (M) 8140802 - Clean up and refactor of class loading code for CDS

Jiangli Zhou jiangli.zhou at oracle.com
Fri Oct 30 20:23:53 UTC 2015

Hi Ioi,

The change looks pretty clean. The new src/share/vm/classfile/systemDictionary_ext.hpp and src/share/vm/classfile/vmSymbols_ext.hpp do not have copyright header. Please add the copyright headers. Please also fix the copyright year for the modified files prior to pushing.

In src/share/vm/classfile/sharedPathsMiscInfo.hpp, is the new “#include “classify/classLoader.hpp” necessary?

I agree with the comments from Colleen and Karen regarding the usage of new_permanent_symbol() and TempNewSymbol in classLoaderExt.cpp. It doesn’t seem to be consistent.

Thanks,
Jiangli