Proposed API for JEP 259: Stack-Walking API

Remi Forax forax at univ-mlv.fr
Sat Oct 31 18:50:43 UTC 2015

Hi Mandy, hi all,

----- Mail original -----

I think most of the runtime language developers, myself included will kill to have this feature included into the JDK.
There are several features of dynamic languages that are currently hard to implement like type specialization, stack reification, as you said fibers, and more generally de-optimization that will be far easier to implement with that capability (currently only Nashorn can afford to implement some of these optimizations).

[...]

> Thanks
> Mandy

Rémi