JNI VERSION CHANGE: RFR: 8145098: JNI GetVersion should return JNI_VERSION_9

Iris Clark iris.clark at oracle.com
Fri Feb 19 03:10:58 UTC 2016

Hi, Alan and Rachel.

Here's a proposal for the new text for JEP 223:

---

[ insert between existing sections "@since..." and "Mercurial..."]

JNI Version

The [JNI Specification][JNISpec] defines a constant representing the JNI version number.  The constant will drop the initial "1" and truncate trailing zeros.  Thus, for JDK 9, the constant will be 'JNI_VERSION_9'.

[JNISpec]:
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/jni/spec/functions.html#version_information

---

What bugid should be used for this CCC request?  What is the procedure for updating the JNI Spec itself?

Thanks,
iris