PING: RFR: JDK-4347142: Need method to set Password protection to Zip entries

ikeyat at nttdata.co.jp ikeyat at nttdata.co.jp
Tue Mar 29 08:38:37 UTC 2016

Hi Xueming,

I'm Tomoyuki from NTT Data.
I was invited by Yasumasa because
we strongly want this feature even though it is weak encryption.

The reason is that there are absolutely both requirements
to prevent easy unpacking of zip files from innocents's mis-operation
and to keep the existing usability.
Actually we've implemented this feature into many applications
from requirements of our customers.

We know we should replace them to stronger one in the future.
But anyway we absolutely need the week encryption
to keep back compatibilities to the existing applications.

NTT DATA is uniquely positioned in the NTT Group to handle the IT services business,
and for nearly half a century has been contributing to the development of Japan's IT society.

Best & Regards,
Tomoyuki Ikeya,