Review Request: JDK-8167057 jdeps to list the modules and internal APIs to help find @modules for tests

Daniel Fuchs daniel.fuchs at oracle.com
Fri Oct 28 10:03:47 UTC 2016

Hi Mandy,

Looks good to me in general, but I feel like the new
option --list-reduced-deps should be better documented:

jdeps.properties:

  152 main.opt.list-deps=\
  153 \  --list-deps\n\
  154 \  --list-reduced-deps           Lists the dependences and use of
JDK internal\n\
  155 \                                APIs. --list-reduced-deps lists
the dependences\n\
  156 \                                after transition reduction.

#1 - is it 'transition reduction' or 'transitive reduction'?
      (at two places in this file: line 156 & line 135)

#2 - could the description be made a little more verbose? something
      like:

--list-reduced-deps                   lists the dependences
                                       after transitive reduction.
                                       Transitive reduction is obtained
                                       by removing the dependencies which
                                       are already transitively exported