[9] RFR(S): 8178726: Can't load classes from classpath if it is a UNC share

Volker Simonis volker.simonis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 17:44:37 UTC 2017

Hi Alan, Chris,

thanks for your help and feedback.
It seems my fix was indeed "too optimistic". I've only briefly looked into
the errors reported by Chris. The first one is due to a cyclic dependency
between Paths.get() and FileSystems.getDefault().

So I've finally decided to go with Alan's proposal which is probably the
least invasive one:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~simonis/webrevs/2017/8178726.v1/

It would be great if someone could verify this new version once again by
running it through JPRT (I've verified that the reported problems don't
occur any more, but who knows :)

Thank you and best regards,
Volker