RFR [11] JDK-8179424: Remove terminally deprecated sun.reflect.Reflection.getCallerClass

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Thu Dec 21 00:42:29 UTC 2017

Hi Chris,

Adding in hotspot-runtime-dev now that you have included the VM side of
the cleanup. What repo are you planning on pushing this to?

On 21/12/2017 9:45 AM, Chris Hegarty wrote:

>> On 20 Dec 2017, at 19:21, mandy chung <mandy.chung at oracle.com> wrote:
>>
>> The native side and hotspot side should also be cleaned up.

Thanks Mandy, I was about call that out too :)

> Good call. I think the following is probably as far as we want to
> go. Maybe a follow-on issue could be filed if deeper VM clean
> up is needed?
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~chegar/8179424/webrev.01/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~chegar/8179424/webrev.01/>

src/hotspot/share/include/jvm.h

Can you fix an existing typo please:

!  * error if it is not marked propertly.

propertly -> properly

Also you seem to have missed this test reference:

./langtools/tools/jdeps/jdkinternals/src/p/Main.java:        Class<?>
caller = Reflection.getCallerClass(2);

Otherwise all changes seem fine.

Thanks,
David