[10] RFR 8075939: Stream.flatMap() causes breaking of short-circuiting of terminal operations

forax at univ-mlv.fr forax at univ-mlv.fr
Fri Dec 22 11:15:33 UTC 2017

Usually, a stronger encapsulation is better than a weaker one. Being an anonymous class only means that you can not access the type, not that the fields are not accessible.

> (I lean towards package private as the default.)

I tend to think that before, but with nestmate around the corner, private now really means accessible in the same java file, so i do think that private should be the new default in nested classes.

>> - if you use var, you should use a meaningful name, here, 's' can be replaced by
>> 'spliterator', making the code more readable.

> Don’t agree in this case, given the locality of use and given the method name on
> the RHS.

It means that when you want to know what a variable is you have to read its initialization part, it's a bit of a stretch compare to what Brian said about var, we can use var because the variable name is meaningful enough, so the type is redundant. I suppose it's not a big deal if you read the code sequentially but i tend to read the meat part of the code and extend above and below, so i was focus on the code that uses downstreamAsInt when i ask myself what 's' was.

> Thanks,
> Paul.

cheers,
Rémi