[10] RFR 8134512 : provide Alpha-Numeric (logical) Comparator

Jonathan Bluett-Duncan jbluettduncan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 10:42:03 UTC 2017

You're welcome Ivan!

I'm just proofreading the new webrev, and a few more things have occurred
to me:

1. What happens if the comparators are given the elements {"1abc", "2abc",
"10abc"} to compare? Would they sort the elements as {"1abc", "2abc",
"10abc"} or as {"1abc", "10abc", "2abc"}?
What about the array {"x1yz", "x2yz", "x10yz"}?
I wonder if these two cases should be added to the test too and given as
additional examples in the javadocs.

2. The example arrays which you kindly added to the comparators' javadoc
have no whitespace at the start but one space between the last element and
the }, so I think there either should be no space at the end or an extra
space at the start.

3. Very sorry, error on my part: on the javadoc lines which now say "then the
corresponding numerical values are compared; otherwise", I suggested to add
a "then" at the start; re-reading it though, I personally think it reads
better without, but I would understand and not press it further if you
disagree and think that the "then" is a useful addition.

Best regards,
Jonathan