JDK10: RFR(xxs): 8181207: 8177809 breaks AIX 5.3, 6.1 builds

Volker Simonis volker.simonis at gmail.com
Wed May 31 08:49:27 UTC 2017

Hi Thomas,

as far as I can see, AIX supports both, the st_[a,c,m]time members in
the stat64 structure for seconds and the corresponding
st_[a,c,m]time_n members for nanosecond resolution since at least 5.3.
Can you please use both - there's no reason to discriminate AIX here
:)

Also, can you please change the code such that we have:

#ifdef MACOSX
#else
#ifdef AIX
#else
#endif
#endif

I don't really like using "ifndef XXX" for everything else except XXX.

Thnank you and best regards,
Volker