RFR 8148371: Remove policytool

Weijun Wang weijun.wang at oracle.com
Wed Sep 6 04:17:33 UTC 2017

Hi All

Please review the change, which spans to root, jdk and langtools repos.

  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~weijun/8148371/

I've searched for the "policytool" word in the whole jdk10/jdk10 forests, removed all files having the word inside the path name, and remove almost all occurrences of the word in other places.

The exceptions are:

1. Two files with the jdk8 word in file name. I assume I should not touch them. Please advise me.

jdk/src/java.base/share/classes/jdk/internal/module/jdk8_packages.dat:
 1288  sun.security.tools.jarsigner
 1289  sun.security.tools.keytool
 1290: sun.security.tools.policytool
 1291  sun.security.util
 1292  sun.security.validator

langtools/src/jdk.jdeps/share/classes/com/sun/tools/jdeps/resources/jdk8_internals.txt:
  977  sun.security.tools.jarsigner
  978  sun.security.tools.keytool
  979: sun.security.tools.policytool
  980  sun.security.util
  981  sun.security.validator

2. A swing test containing a full JDK 1.4.2 README text. Keep unchanged.

jdk/test/javax/swing/JTextArea/4697612/bug4697612.txt:
  122        bin/ktab and jre/bin/ktab
  123              Kerberos key table manager
  124:       bin/policytool and jre/bin/policytool
  125              Policy File Creation and Management Tool
  126        bin/orbd and jre/bin/orbd

3. A manual test on what resource string are used. It is based on the pre-module source layout and needs to be updated anyway. Keep unchanged this time. https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8187265 filed.

jdk/test/sun/security/util/Resources/NewResourcesNames.java:
   62          "sun/security/tools/jarsigner/Resources.java",
   63          "sun/security/tools/keytool/Resources.java",
   64:         "sun/security/tools/policytool/Resources.java",
   65          "sun/security/util/Resources.java",
   66          "sun/security/util/AuthResources.java",
   ..
  103          //
  104          // which is mismatch. There are only two such special cases list above.
  105:         // For KeyTool, there are 3 calls for showing help. For PolicyTool, 3
  106          // for name prefixed with POLICY. They are covered in the two special
  107          // cases above.

There are some Japanese man pages containing the word. I've filed another bug (https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8187262) on it.

Thanks
Max