RFR 8187631 : Refactor FileDescriptor close implementation

Roger Riggs Roger.Riggs at Oracle.com
Tue Sep 19 13:51:42 UTC 2017

Hi Alan,

The updated webrev is:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rriggs/webrev-fd-refactor-8187631-02/

I avoided cluttering the initial webrev with misc cleanup.

I renamed the parameters, corrected some old <code></code> markup and
reordered
the declarations so a side-by side diff of the Unix and Windows
FileDescriptor.java files
makes it easy to see the necessary differences.
(Perhaps a future cleanup can merge the two and manage all the other
differences in the native code.)

Thanks, Roger

p.s. still not ready for final test and pushing til the repo re-opens