RFR: 8207851 JEP Draft: Support ByteBuffer mapped over non-volatile memory

Vladimir Kozlov vladimir.kozlov at oracle.com
Wed Aug 1 05:04:16 UTC 2018

Hi Andrew,

I think most people are concentrating on JVMLS/OJW currently. That could explain a lack of comments.
But from the discussion on this thread I see that your proposal is well received.

On 7/31/18 4:01 AM, Andrew Dinn wrote:
> Well, given the lack of any further input I am left wondering, JEP
> neophyte that I am, whether:
>
>    i) said happy lacuna implies that it is appropriate to submit this JEP
> (as prompted by both the process blurb provided in JEP 1 and the
> accordingly labelled button in the JEP JIRA interface)

You should look on http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mr/jep/jep-2.0-02.html:

"The first three states for a Feature or Infrastructure JEP are:
   Draft — Initial state in which the JEP is drafted, reviewed, revised, and endorsed
   Submitted — By the JEP’s owner, declaring the JEP ready to be evaluated for the JDK Roadmap
   Candidate — By the OpenJDK Lead, to add the JEP to the JDK Roadmap".

JEP needs to be reviewed and endorsed by "Group or Area Lead" before moving it to "Submitted" state.

Alan and Brian should do this from Libs side and Mikael and I from Hotspot side:
http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/leads

And all of us are on JVMLS/OJW this week. Please, wait.

> or
>
>    ii) the which unfortunate hiatus in commentary indicates simply that I
> have failed to engage with the relevant worthies of this parish
>
> Also, Iris (privately) mentioned something about "CSRs that add/modify
> public APIs in the "java.*" modules". Does that mean there is more
> paperwork to come? Now or later?

Yes, you need to file CSR in JBS but only when JEP is in later stages and API changes are finalized.

https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/csr/CSR+FAQs

There should be "Create CSR" in "More" menu button. It has similar to JEP format:

https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/csr/Fields+of+a+CSR+Request

Regards,
Vladimir