[12] RFR 8200151: Add 8 JNDI tests to com/sun/jndi/dns/ConfigTests/

Roger Riggs roger.riggs at oracle.com
Fri Aug 10 17:47:07 UTC 2018

Hi Chris,

There seems to be a lot of repetition in tests that could be combined.
For example, the RecursiveDefault, RecursiveTrue, and RecursiveFalse
tests should be a
single test that is invoked 3 times, (multiple @run lines) with an
argument to say which case to test.
There would be fewer files and less code to maintain.

The same goes for AuthDefault, AuthTrue and AuthFalse.

Why is PortUnreachable added to the ProblemList and also included in the
Change set.
It would cleaner to treat it separately if it can't be fixed as part of
adding these new tests.

Consider using java.time.Instant and Duration for the Timeout test;
it will print nicer and has some handy methods.

Regards, Roger