JVMTI lib location

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Sun Aug 12 23:07:56 UTC 2018

Hi Max,

On 11/08/2018 6:41 AM, mr rupplin wrote:
> Trying to write a quick agent for the JVM.  The jvmti.h file is found quickly but I do not know what to link it with.  Can you guys help?

JVM TI is a serviceability-dev topic, though that's really about
developing JVM TI not using it. There are numerous tutorials/blog pages
on using JVM TI e.g. [1]. IIUC the JVM TI agent library is dynamically
loaded into the JVM and thus dynamically linked with the JVM TI runtime
- so you don't have to link your library with anything to access JVM TI.

David

[1] http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/javase/index-140680.html