(XS) java.logging Level.java minor cleanups

Daniel Fuchs daniel.fuchs at oracle.com
Fri Aug 24 08:52:02 UTC 2018

Hi Bernd, Mandy,

Sorry I missed answering your question!

On 23/08/2018 21:02, mandy chung wrote:

> On 8/23/18 2:49 PM, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
>>
>> Did you had any opinion on the synthetic accessors as well?
>
> :
>
>>> BTW: I get a synthetic Accessor warning on l.name/value, is this
>>> what  nestmates will resolve – is it worth adjusting the modifiers for>>
> those fields anyway?
>
> What warning message did you get?

I suspect these warning are emitted only by your IDE right?

AFAIU then the concern therefore is mostly a perf/size issue where
before nestmates [1] the compiler would have to generate synthetic
accessors for accessing Level.name / Level.value from a nested
inner class. It is my understanding that nestmates should
remove the needs for these accessors, and given that nestmates
are coming I would rather leave these fields private, rather
than extending their accessibility to the whole package.

best regards,

-- daniel