RFR(M) : 8210039 : move OSInfo to top level testlibrary

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Thu Aug 30 07:51:47 UTC 2018

On 28/08/2018 17:50, Igor Ignatyev wrote:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8210039/webrev.00/index.html
>> 698 lines changed: 114 ins; 240 del; 344 mod
> Hi all,
>
> could you please review this clean up of jdk testlibrary?
> the patch updates the tests to use jdk.test.lib.Platform instead of jdk.testlibrary.OSInfo.OSType, cleans up OSInfo and renames it to jdk.test.lib.OSVersion.
>
> testing: changed tests + :jdk_desktop test group
> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8210039/webrev.00/index.html

The updates to the Sockets policy file suggests using this
jdk.test.lib.Platform/OSVersion requires permissions that the test
infrastructure needs, not the test. It's not wrong but it's always a
concern when tests running with a security manager are granted
non-obvious permissions. I would be tempted to change this test to drop
the usage of Platform/OSVersion so that the test can be granted only the
permissions that it needs. Alternatively maybe we can just drop the OS
check from this test if we can establish that there aren't test systems
running Solaris 11.2 or older (the 11.3 update was 2015).

-Alan