RFR: JDK-8215217: OpenJDK Source Has Too Many Swear Words

mark.reinhold at oracle.com mark.reinhold at oracle.com
Tue Dec 11 21:52:13 UTC 2018

(webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~afarley/8215217/webrev/)

> I've created a webrev and attached to the bug.
>
> Also, I've mentioned in the bug that there are additional swears in more
> excusable locations. It would be good to get the community's take on
> those.

It also would be good to discuss the instances that you’ve proposed
to change in your patch.

I can certainly see removing the f-word, and other words of a sexual
nature.  Those are clearly inappropriate.

Removing lesser words, and continuing to police their use henceforth,
strikes me as overkill.

What do other Committers think?

- Mark