RFR: 8213402: [Testbug] java/lang/System/LoggerFinder/internal/PlatformLoggerBridgeTest creates an invalid nest relationship

Daniel Fuchs daniel.fuchs at oracle.com
Tue Dec 18 14:57:46 UTC 2018

Hi,

Please find below a fix for:

8213402: [Testbug]
java/lang/System/LoggerFinder/internal/PlatformLoggerBridgeTest creates
an invalid nest relationship

webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dfuchs/webrev_8213402/webrev.01/

These tests use a CustomSystemClassLoader to load custom LoggerFinder
subclasses so that they can assign them special privileges.

But because these sub classes are static inner classes of the main
test class it creates an invalid nest relationship for the
nestmates implementation in project valhalla.

The fix is very simple: I have refactored the tests to extract
the custom LoggerFinder classes as top level classes.
I have verified that the modified test pass in the nestmates
branch of valhalla repo - where it used to fail.

best regards,

-- daniel