RFR: JDK-8213480: update internal ASM version to 7.0

Igor Ignatyev igor.ignatyev at oracle.com
Wed Nov 7 19:33:47 UTC 2018

Hi Vicente,

I recall an (internal?) discussion about updating ASM somewhen in JDK 11TF, and AFAIR it was decided not to update ASM b/c nothing in JDK needs that, has it been changed? put somewhat differently, why are we doing this?

in any case, I don't like the changes in mlvm tests. I understand that ClassWriter has been significantly changed in ASM 7.0, so ClassWriterExt can't disable CP entries caching (at least not in the way it used to), but removing setCache* calls from the tests changed them and in some cases made them invalid as they don't test that they supposed to. therefore I'd prefer to leave all calls setCache* as-is, change setCache* implementation to throw an exception (similarly to the fix in JDK-8194826 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8194826>) and mark all tests which throw this exception w/ '@ignore 8194951' jtreg tag.

Thanks,
-- Igor