RFR: JDK-8213480: update internal ASM version to 7.0

Vicente Romero vicente.romero at oracle.com
Wed Nov 14 01:11:10 UTC 2018

Hi Alan,

On 11/13/18 9:18 AM, Alan Bateman wrote:
> On 13/11/2018 14:00, Vicente Romero wrote:
>> any other comment after the last iteration? we are in a bit of a
>> hurry to push this before the JDK 12 train departs :(
> The original patch updated all the use sites (and tests) to specify
> ASM7 for the API version. I just checked the webrev again now and it
> seems to be just the ASM refresh now. Assuming all the tests are
> passing and you've sorted out the mvlm test issues with Igor then I
> suggest go ahead with this push and we can update the sites, as
> needed, at a later time.

in the last update I sent links to two patches [1] is the ASM7 only
changes and [2] is the changes to the use sites. My plan is to push both
together, but I split them to ease the review process. But still I will
get your go and push it as good ;)

> -Alan

Vicente

[1] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~vromero/8213480/webrev.asm.7.only.00/